$99 Membership - More Details >>
Teen Night - More Details >>
June Vacation Camp 6/17-6/24 - More Details >>
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities in the areas of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Serving the community for 85 years
- Service area: Garfield, Saddle Brook, Elmwood Park, Lodi, Wallington, FairLawn, Passaic and Clifton
- Taught 435 preschool age children how to swim this year
- Taught 1420 school age children how to swim this year
- Provide preschool programs for 110 working families a day
- Provide afterschool programs and vacation camps for 150 children per day
- Help adults maintain a healthy lifestyle from diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol issues by providing an opportunity to participant in one of our classes or attend our fitness center
- Opened new 9,000 square ft fitness center for the community located at 70 Outwater Lane on the second floor.
- Host many community service programs such as Blood Drives, Family Community Day held at 20th Century Park, Movies under the Stars, Food Drives, Christmas help to needy families with food and gifts, Halloween Events, Healthy Kids Day, 5 K run, swim-a-thons
- Have two pools one located at 33 Outwater Lane and the other 490 Midland Ave. Offering aquatic programs that teach swim lessons to all ages, exercise classes in the water; including the Arthritis Foundation’s Aquatic Program, and competitive swimming on our swim team.
- 183 Enrolled Silver Sneakers Members who make up our Active Older Adults. 45 class participants in our Silver Sneakers Classes that run 5 days a week with yoga, strength and range of motion and an aquatics class all geared towards engaging senior citizens in exercise.
- Scholarship provided to families that live in our service area to participate in programs or child care to ensure families that their children are taking care of while they have to work. Scholarship dollars that are given out annually range from $10,000 to $25,000
The Y’s Mission
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn and grow.
Who We Are
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Youth Development - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
Nine million youth are taking a greater interest in learning; making smarter life choices; and cultivating the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, the pursuit of higher education and goal achievement.
- Healthy Living - Improving the nation’s health and well-being.
Millions of adults and youth receive the support, guidance and resources needed to achieve better health and well-being.
- Social Responsibility - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Across the country, the Y helps people give back and assist their neighbors by offering them opportunities to volunteer, advocate and support programs that strengthen community.
The Y’s Impact
- More than 2,600 locations in 10,000 communities across the country.
- 21 million people (12 million adults and 9 million youth) of all ages, incomes, backgrounds and abilities come to the Y to learn, grow and thrive.
- 500,000 volunteers – kids, parents, individuals, and business and community leaders –are personally vested in strengthening their communities.
- 20,000 full time staff
- 64 million households and 32 million children ages 14 and under live within three miles of a YMCA, while 1,518 YMCAs serve communities where the median family income is below the U.S. average
Involvement at the Y
The Y hopes to engage more people in the communities it serves whether it is as a member, volunteer, supporter or advocate. All play a vital role in strengthening our communities. To learn more visit ymca.net. Each YMCA association is an independent, autonomous organization with its own governing board, professional staff and assets.
Making Charitable Donations to the Y
Your charitable donation the the YMCA will help us continue to serve our mission and help families in need of those services. For example, charitable donations can be used to set up scholarship funds, purchase new equpiment, or deliver new programs. Corporate sponsorships of events is also possible. No amount is too small, and every gift helps make a difference. If you are interested in making a gift to the Y, you may send your check made out to the Garfield YMCA to 70 Outwater Lane 2nd Floor, Garfield NJ 07026. Or, to discuss your gift further, or for more information please email email@example.com for an appointment.