Bright Beginnings Preschool Summer Camp
Ages 2 ½ yrs old-5 yrs old (before kindergarten)
The YMCA can offer your preschooler opportunities all summer long. The positive behaviors, friendships, learning and exploration they create are only limited by their imagination. The Y will help nurture their imagination….
Weather it is time to have your preschooler acclimate to a school day or routine for September, or to keep them engaged and active, your child will come home smiling each day from the opportunities they are offered throughout the summer in the Y’s preschool camp.
Children experience the best of both worlds-learning and play. They have structure in their day, that includes a time to learn-such as circle time– and a time to play such as going to the water park. Sometimes both learning and fun happen all at the same time-which is most of the time at the Y!
The preschool summer camp is staffed with childcare professionals who work with children all year long, not just summer time. Childcare is their chosen profession. All have educational qualification and experience as well as being trained in first aid and cpr. Many are continuing their education for higher levels of educational learning and qualifications.
Not only does your family have an excellent staff caring and teaching your preschooler, the summer camp has family workers available over the summer as well. The Y’s family workers work year round who are a wonderful resource for families and an added benefit of choosing the Y for your child’s summer experience. Their family development credentials allow them to help in situations ranging from early literacy and math all the way to home crises. They are knowledgeable about the other resources in the community and are often the bridge for family needs.
This means we:
- Prepare developmentally appropriate activities so children are challenged, not bored; and successful, not frustrated.
- Provide enough activities so children don’t have to wait too long or share beyond their ability.
- Provide toys and activities in all areas— physical, social, intellectual, creative, and emotional—so children with different interests and learning styles will all have their needs met.
- Make sure children have an opportunity to have input into the daily activities.
What does the Preschool Camp Include?
- Weekly Water Park Trips
- Free Lunch Program
- Weekly dance, exercise, arts & crafts
- End of the Summer BBQ (donated by Maschio’s Food Catering)
- Nature Walks
- Thematic Weeks
- For an extra fee swim lessons, specialty camps and day trips are available but not mandatory.
Important 2016 Downloads
Preschool Summer Camp Parent Manual (Includes Registration Forms and Sample Schedules)
Rate Sheet (Includes Early Bird Discount)
Financial Assistance Request Form (Must call to make an appointment. Scholarship summer casses are heard in the month of April and spots fill up quickly. Must bring supporting documentation to appointment.)